Incoming Call/Message Waiting indicator light
Flashes red quickly when a call is ringing your phone; flashes green slowly when there is a new message in your voicemail box. Found on upper right of tilting display panel.
Shows date and time, name and extension, when the phone is idle; incoming caller ID; outbound number dialed; duration of call; number of new voicemail messages; message timestamp when in voicemail; and soft keys (more info on these below).
Use the Help key to identify the programming of function keys; the Exit key brings the LCD display back to normal when in Help or Menu mode. Exit/Help keys found on left and right just under display panel.
Soft Keys (4)
The four “soft keys” below your telephone’s display are provided as shortcuts to many of your phone’s features and functions. Below is a list of some of the most useful ones. Keep in mind, the soft keys are interactive and will change their function as you press them to navigate features.
VMsg Use this soft key to access your voicemail box. Once pressed, other soft keys appear, allowing you to visually access mailbox features.
Use this key to view recent calls. Outbound calls you have placed can be seen in the Redial menu. Incoming Caller ID can be seen in the CID menu. Use the arrows to scroll through the numbers. Press the Dial soft key to place a call to the number displayed.
Use the Directory menu to dial stored numbers. Use the arrows to scroll through the numbers.
SPD Common (system-wide) speed dial numbers
EXT Internal extensions
STA Personal speed dial numbers
Use the Exit button to return your phone’s display to normal mode after using the soft key menus.
As on any phone, dialing digits 0 – 9, #, *.
To move quickly between calls, use this key to disconnect one call and immediately get dial tone.
Press to answer a second call ringing at your phone. First call will be put on hold automatically; to return to first call, press flashing line key.
Press to turn microphone on (key will light up) or off. You must turn on the microphone in order to respond handsfree to a speakerphone call. While on a handset or headset call, press Mic to mute microphone on handset or headset (key will blink); press again to cancel mute.
Directional Pad (large round multi-directional key)
Press left, right, top or bottom to access Redial, Directory, Volume Control (of handset, speaker, ringing, and brightness of LCD display). Press center button for Enter.
Press to put outside call on hold. Call will flash on line appearance key and can be picked up by any other user.
Press to transfer a call to a co-worker.
Press to access your phone’s hands-free capability. Lights up when in hands-free mode.
How to make an outgoing call:
1. Lift the handset
2. Press an available (unlit) outside line key
3. Dial number
How to call a previously dialed number:
1. Press Redial button
2. Use the arrows that appear on the soft keys to scroll to the number you want to call (or use arrows on directional pad) 3. Lift handset to call the displayed number
How to make a call using caller ID:
1. Press List soft key
2. Press CID soft key
3. Use the arrows that appear on the soft keys to scroll to the number you want to call (or use arrows on directional pad) 4. Lift handset to call the displayed number
How to make a conference call:
1. Establish the first call
2. Press CONF soft key (1st soft key)
3. Establish the second call
4. Press ADD soft key (1st soft key) after second caller answers
5. Press BEGIN soft key (1st soft key) to establish three-way conference call
5. Establish third call
6. Press BEGIN soft key (1st soft key) to establish four-way conference call
How to answer an incoming call:
1. If the call is ringing at your extension, lift the handset
1. If a call is ringing on another line or extension, lift handset and press the flashing key
1. To answer a second call ringing at your extension, press the Answer key. Your first call will be put on hold and you will be connected to the second call. To return to the first call, press the flashing line key.
How to put a call on HOLD:
1. While on call, press HOLD
2. Hang up (line key flashes)
How to retrieve a call from HOLD:
1. Lift handset
2. Press flashing line key
How to transfer a call to a co-worker:
1. While on call, press Transfer
2. Dial the co-worker’s three-digit extension number
2. Press the co-worker’s hotline key
3. Announce call (optional)
4. Hang up (call will ring the co-worker’s extension; if not answered, the call will automatically go to the co-worker’s voicemail)
How to transfer a call directly to a co-worker’s voicemail:
1. While on call, press Transfer
2. Press the VMsg soft key
3. Press the co-worker’s hotline key
3. Dial the co-worker’s three-digit extension number
4. Hang up